Sunday, May 14, 2006

Plants are stupid. Travel agents aren't too far behind.

Photo taken at Liberty Travel, corner of 18th and 3rd, NYC. Click pic to enlarge.

I saw this while walking past a local travel agency. It looks as if the plant is growing across the desk, over some promotional sign, and onto a chair, all in an effort to try and join its foliage friends along the beach. Dumb plant. It doesn't know it's just a poster.

I thought the whole spectacle was worth a photo. When I stopped in and asked if I could take a picture, the woman at the travel agency was more than happy to oblige:

"May I take a picture of your plant?"

"Sure. It's beautiful, isn't it?

"What's beautiful?"

"The plant display. I put it up a few weeks ago. I'm so glad you like it. Isn't it beautiful?"

"Uhh. Yeah."

No comments: