Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Welcome to the Afterlife. Speak English or get out!

Every Ouija board I've seen has been in English. Never Russian, Japanese, Chinese or Greek. The next-world doesn't seem to recognize tildes and umlauts either. (Sorry my Spanish and Swedish seance goers.)

So if you're dead, and want to talk to the loved ones you've left behind, not only do you have to have friends and family who attempt to break through the physical universe to another dimension via some Parker Brothers piece of cardboard, you have to know English too? That's tough. I imagine the spirit world must be teaming with ESL schools.

English only huh? Well, I guess if it's good enough for the Hereafter, it's good enough for America's national anthem, and cheese steak places in Philly.

Funny though, you can find Monopoly customized to almost every country. I guess money is the real international, and inter-parallel-existence, language.

No comments: